Archive for September, 2008
Please give a big wicked welcome to our GDT for October, Melissa Corbett. We are thrilled to have Melissa onboard with us this month, and I’m sure that you will agree, her work is absolutely stunning !!! Melissa has used part of the October Enchantress Kit on the below LO’s. Including Heida Swapp papers, Jenni Bowlin Die Cut papers and Hambly overlays. You can purchase the Enchantress Kit here.
But first, a little more information on about what makes Melissa tick
1. How long have you been scrapping?
I started scrapping nearly 3 years ago after the birth of my daughter Poppy. I was keen to document her milestones and I wanted a creative hobby. I was a little overwhelmed at first but finally took the plunge and haven’t looked back
2. What do you love most about this hobby?
There are so many things I love about scrapping – the incorporation of photography, the papers and the pretty embellishments, the wide variety of styles, the documenting of family events and the everyday. And the friends I have made through this hobby
3. Who/what continues to inspire you?
I am inspired by so many things but firstly my family and the photos I take. Other inspiration comes from the new papers that are always being released, home decore, magazines, fashion, vintage finds and many scrapping friends who share their talent on their blogs or in online galleries
4. What did you like about our Wicked Kits?
I LOVE kits because I find everything just “works”. The guess work is taken out for you so you can create without too much stress. The Wicked kits while all matching, still have a wide variety of papers and embellishments from different brands and designers. It really makes for more interesting LOs that still flow! I like to layer and found there was more than enough range in the papers to create the look I was after!
For more inspiring work from Melissa, you can visit her blog here.
Wicked Princesses are looking for 2 Design Team members. Do you have what it takes to become a part of a NEW and exciting brand of scrapbook kits? We want you! We want you to find your inner Princess and bring her to the wicked side and transform yourself in to a Wicked Princess. Pretty and sweet on the outside but oozing with wicked creativity on the inside.
We want someone with passion and drive, someone who isn’t afraid to let their Wicked Princess dominate their creativity! Does this sound like you? Do you have what it takes to bring out your Princess? If so read on!
DESIGN TEAM REQUIREMENTS
1. Designers are required to submit at least four layouts each month with layouts to be due by a date determined by us.
2. Designers acknowledge that the length of design team commitment is open and may be terminated for any reason, at any point in time.
3. Use of products not found in the monthly kit is permitted, as long as the focus remains on the monthly kit products.
4. Layouts are due in the form of a jpeg file of which will be your responsibility to upload in the gallery before the deadline
5. All designs must contain original artwork.
6. You acknowledge and agree that designing for other monthly scrapbook kit clubs is considered a conflict of interest. Other DT roles are ok but no other scrapbook kit site.
7. You agree to promote Wicked Princess whenever and wherever you can and agree to make posts on your personal blog provided you have one.
Design Team Submission details:
§ Submit (3) layouts (12×12 or 8 ½ x 11) Double-page layouts are considered to be one project submission.
§ A headshot and a short biography about your life.
Please answer the following questions:
A. What do you feel you can contribute to the Wicked Princess design team?
B. What would you classify your “scrapbook style” as?
C. What would make you a fab Wicked princess??
Designs must be submitted to email@example.com using the following format: Scanned, jPEGs, 200kb or smaller files. Digital photos will be accepted provided the images are sharp, clear and smaller than 200kb. Links to online galleries will not be accepted.
Entries cannot be submitted for publication until after the DT has been announced – Personal blogs are OK as long as there is a link back to the Wicked Princess Blog.
Deadlines for submissions: October 4th, 2008. Winners will be contacted no later than October 10th and announced shortly thereafter on our blog. http://wickedprincesses.blogspot.com/ At this time our new website will be up and running as well, with a complete Wicked Gallery to show off your fabulous inspiring layouts http://www.wickedprincesses.com.au/ (currently under construction)
Design Team Members will receive a free kit (retail value of $25-$35) each month and are able to purchase any add-ons for half-price.
Good Luck…Go forth and find the Wicked Princess within!!
Karen & Tam